This portal will be used to enhance communication between the program staff and the residents. Please check back frequently for updates!
I am Glad to announce that We are having a Program Sponsored Christmas Party on 12/16/2017 at Rocky’s Big City Sports Bar and Grill. It was Dave & Buster’s at Eastern Hills Mall. It will be fun-filled 2 hours from 7 PM – 9 PM. You will have access to Bowling lanes, unlimited game card for 2 hours, Spin zone and laser frenzy. Also, Pizza and 2 Pitchers of Drinks are included. Everyone from our program staff and residents are invited. You can bring your family members and friends. Program will sponsor for 1 extra guest with you. If you want to bring more guests, you will have to pay extra $25/person.
Please, RSVP by clicking following link before 12/8/2017.
Deadlines for ACP abstract submission are approaching..
Resident Clinical Vignette abstract submission: November 22, 2017
Resident Research abstract submission: November 29, 2017
All the abstracts should be reviewed by Dr. C before submission to ACP.
For submission and more details regarding submission, please click on the link below…
Here is updated Admission and Management Policy at SOCH. please, click on the link below.
- ICU/4N: cap of 20 patients. No chest pain obs admission after the census of 15 patients. During daytime, if you are genuinely busy in ICU, you may ask Dr. Shehata’s service to do admissions.
- 3S: cap of 10 patients. Should never go over 14 patients. No Er admission for non-referred patient after the census of 7 patients.
- Day Float and Night Float Resident will update the Er physician about the census in the morning and night respectively.
- Because of the complaints received from all, from now on Admitting Residents will maintain a list of all the admissions done through Er and any issues encountered (improper signout, inadequate workup, many admissions at once, busy ICU, Rapid/code while doing an admission, etc). Send all the logs weekly to Chief Resident to compile. Please find the attachments for the samples of admission log.
We will start to use Listrunner at Sisters Hospital from Module 6 (i.e. Next Module). In preparation for that, I have sent you all the invitation from Listrunner for Sisters Hospital group on your UBmail. Its a different group then Mercy hospital Group. So, you have to sign up for Sisters Hospital group separately. If you have any questions or if you didnt receive my invitation, please let me know.
As Holiday season is coming, I want to inform you all that, we are observing weekend schedule for Thanksgiving day on 11/23/17.
- All of the residents who are on service module and NOT ONCALL, may leave after finishing their work for the day.
- All of the residents who are on service module and ONCALL, will cover both the teams afterwards.
- Residents who are on ELECTIVES, please check with your attendings.
- CLINICS are CLOSED on Thursday 11/23/17 and Friday 11/24/17.
Program is planning to sponsor an event/ get together for the Christmas Celebration. We are doing a survey to figure out what would be the preferred date and location.
Please, complete the survey ASAP. It wont take more than a minute. To All of you who completed the survey, Thank you! To all of you who didn’t, please complete it. Every response will be appreciated and valued.
Below is the link for the survey…
Residents, who are going for Education Leave ( interviews, conferences, meetings, lectures or exams) which are approved, should also update it as EDUCTIONAL ACTIVITIES on E-value. When you log on duty hours on E-value, you scroll down the TASK menu and you will find an option for “EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES”. You select that. Keep activity and duty hours same.
You should write REASON like interview, conferences etc. on COMMENT section which is just below the ACTIVITY menu.
Hope this will help you and remind you about logging in duty hours!
if you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Chiefs.